Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and #ChooseWOMEN were founded to empower women and inspire girls in business globally. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is a movement that carries throughout the year in support of female entrepreneurs globally. Our mission is to alleviate poverty by empowering, celebrating, and supporting women in business worldwide, as well as to gather a think tank of inspiring women leaders who can amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19th. Our student ambassador global initiative is in full swing; engaged top colleges include New York University, Harvard, Babson, USC and Clarkson. Our global team of ambassadors from China to Saudi Arabia stand primed to activate their communities with the WED movement and #ChooseWomen to make a significant impact this year!
WED received massive global media attention before, during, and after the inaugural launch on November 19th, 2014 around the world. Please view these media links that covered our initiative, Forbes and Marie Claire. Watch this video celebrating the WED events around the world – ClickHere!
By supporting Women’s Entrepreneurship Day, you will join us with bringing awareness to the 250 million girls living in poverty globally that deserve to be elevated and given a chance in life, while simultaneously inspiring and empowering women around the world.
We are in search of great women who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! We are thrilled to invite you to recommend possible WED Ambassadors (or if you are interested yourself) to represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and the WED movement being celebrated on Friday, November 18th, 2016 in your country!
“ONE DAY TO CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS WORLDWIDE.”
A major aspect of the WED initiative and our Country Ambassadors will be to engage women and men globally to make the #ChooseWomen Pledge!
Global participants from Cambodia to Canada will be encouraged to inspire women and men to support their community by offering a vote of Talent, Time, or Treasure to support a women entrepreneur or cause! Our goal for 2016 is to have one million pledges!
The following are some of the ways we hope the Country Ambassador in your country can help make a difference in their community:
- Set up a viewing in your country of the United Nation’s WED livestream, or just celebrate the day! You can do your own event!
- Promote and publicize the WED event through local media outlets and social media materials, with press materials and social media outlets.
- Advance the “ChooseWomenPledge” of Talent, Time, or Treasure by obtaining pledges from your community members.
- Offer volunteer time in support of the WED event before and during day of the event launch.
- Inspire and rally the active support of less involved corporate members to reach out to prospective members.
- Strategically foster relationships with your local women and children’s groups to support the WED event in your country.
- Set up a local chapter for WED in your own community, where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WED event.
- Take a leadership role in ChooseWomen an online campaign of WED in support of women-owned or women-led businesses around the world.
- Unleash the global reach and power of your social media networks to support WED before, during and after the event.
Country Ambassadors will help raise the awareness of the work that they are doing as entrepreneurs, and also gain access to a premier network of WED members and innovative thinkers. And, simultaneously be positioned to obtain practical advice and planning support from the WED network.
The World Ambassador program is designed to bring leaders to the forefront of women’s entrepreneurship on a global scale. We are looking for the best and the brightest people to apply! We want motivated individuals that seek a mutually beneficial and successful partnership, and will excitedly broadcast the WED program into the public arena!
Join and celebrate the WED global launch by suggesting a Country Ambassador! The position is currently a one-year commitment however when the year comes to an end we may re-invite Country Ambassadors to support us for an additional year.
We will need candidates to commit as soon as possible to support and promote WED in their country before and during the launch of the event on November 18th, 2016. We are currently finalizing the agenda, securing attendees, and creating a select founding team for the World Ambassador program of leaders from around the world! We ask all Country ambassador candidates to complete the following questionnaire (see below).