About The Event
Powerful speakers with exceptional ideas and remarkable anecdotes are the soul of Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! While every speaker may come from a different industry or background, each shares the same goals of empowering women and inspiring girls! The event is simulcast in 144 countries, in addition to 21 Universities and Colleges, and consists of captivating 45 minute long panels followed by an engaging 15 minute interactive Q&A sessions.
Please view our 2014 Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Event: Click Here
We are still living in an era of “firsts” where women are trailblazing and need our support.
Now is the time: women-owned businesses are set to grow 90% in the next 5 years, with 500,000 new businesses being created each year in the U.S. But, women perform 66% of the world’s work, yet earn 10% of the world’s income; 90% of that income goes towards family.
Women account for 85% of consumer purchases including everything from autos, vacations, food and healthcare. Women control over $20 Trillion in worldwide spending.
WED is a once in a lifetime opportunity to listen to the ideas of world-class speakers and be a part of a larger discussion to empower women in business worldwide.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to learn the secrets to being a woman CEO, c-level executive, entrepreneur, intrapreneur, president, humanitarian, founder, etc. from the who’s who in the business world!
Do you empower women and inspire girls? Do you support women- led or owned businesses? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then you should attend Women’s Entrepreneurship Day!
Just like previous years, this year’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Day will be taking place at “ultimate global address”. The iconic United Nations Plaza, located riverside at 46th Street and 1st Avenue, at the United Nations Visitors’ Entrance New York, NY 10017.
NYC has several flights a day to 3 major international airports: LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). WED does not arrange transportation to or from the airport, but you will have no trouble finding your way to the UN!
- 8:30am- 8:45am Check- in and Registration
- 8:45am- 9:25am Welcoming Remarks
- 9:30am- 10:00am WED the People: Government and United Nations Policies and Programs to Support Female Economic Empowerment
- 10:05am- 10:45am Women Innovators: Fostering Triple Bottom Companies ImpactingGlobal Sustainability
- 10:50am- 11:20am Female Friendly Fintech: Financial Technology Empowering Platforms for Women Entrepreneurs
- 11:25am- 11:55pm Social Entrepreneurship: Supporting Women and Bringing Awareness to Their Fight
- 12:00pm- 1:20pm Lunch and Women’s Entrepreneurship Pioneer Awards
- 1:25pm- 1:40pm Get Funded!Challenges and Solutions For Women in Business
- 1:45pm- 2:15pm Investing Smart: Raising the Bar on Impact Investing Due Diligence
- 2:20pm- 2:55pm Leader Light Masters: Women Educators and Leaders Who Guide Women to Become Successful Entrepreneurs
- 3:00pm- 3:30pm Him for Her: Teaching Men to Invest in Women-Owned Businesses
- 3:35pm- 3:50pm Coffee Refreshment Social
- 3:55pm- 4:25pm Fueling Global Impact: Celebrities Joining the Philanthropic World
- 4:30pm- 4:45pm Meet the WED Fellows
- 4:50pm- 5:00PM Closing Remarks & Closing Reception