Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and #ChooseWOMEN were founded to empower women and inspire girls in business globally. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is a movement that ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We would be honored to have you join us in our grassroots mission in alleviating poverty by empowering, celebrating and supporting women in business worldwide!
With a variety of days dedicated to various causes, one might ask – Why does the world need ChooseWOMEN/Women’s Entrepreneurship Day? Consider then, that women perform 66% of the world’s work, yet earn 10% of the world’s income. At the same time, they account for 85% of consumer purchases and control $20 trillion in worldwide spending. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is generating a movement that carries throughout the year in support of women in business globally.WED ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We are celebrated in 144 countries and 110 universities and colleges internationally. Our mission is to empower the 4 billion women across the globe to be catalysts of change, and uplift the 250 million girls living in poverty globally. We are committed to creating a movement to amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
We are proud to share that New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19.
Please view the global media attention our initiative received including, MERCEDES: The Power of Female Entrepreneurship, FORBES: Best Way to Save the World: Put Women In Charge, FOX NEWS: Beyond the Dream: Women Helping Women. Here’s the video showing the WED events around the world!
We are in search of great women who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! We are thrilled to invite you to be a WED Student Ambassador (or if you’d like to recommend a friend) to represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and the WED movement to be celebrated on Friday, November 17th, 2017 on your campus!
“WOMEN’S ENTREPRENEURSHIP DAY IS EVERYDAY! CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN IN BUSINESS WORLDWIDE!” – Wendy Diamond, Founder
Our student ambassador global initiative is in full swing with top colleges including Stanford, Duke, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Clarkson, Babson and University of Oxford. We also have a global team of Ambassadors from Rwanda to Myanmar primed to activate their communities with the WED movement.
WED Student Ambassadors will raise the awareness of Women’s Entrepreneurship Day and #ChooseWomen across college campuses as aspiring future student business leaders and also gain access to a premier network of WED members and innovative thinkers. They will simultaneously be positioned to obtain practical advice and planning support from the WED network while increasing their own recognition as leaders for women’s entrepreneurship worldwide.
The following are ways our WED Student Ambassador will make a difference on their campus and in their community:
- Create, organize or co-organize WED’s presence on campus and create an event to livestream the United Nation’s WED event on November 17, 2017.
- Be our Spokesperson, Rally the press! You represent our movement! Rally the media behind our initiatives with your WED promotional activity to enhance our visibility and movement.
- Sign Up! “ChooseWomen Pledge of Talent, Time, or Treasure” by obtaining pledges from their college campus and fellow students
- Set up a college chapter for WED on campus! Where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WED event. Offer volunteer time in support of WED events.
- Inspire and rally the active support among both women and men and across business clubs and societies
- Foster relationships with local women and entrepreneurship groups to support WED events in their community
- Take a leadership role in our #ChooseWomen, digital campaign of WED in support of women-owned or women-led businesses on November 29th, 2017 the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving annually
- Chance to sponsor a student to join the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Conference at the United Nations in New York City. This event features speakers, panels and workshops on everything from micro financing to the latest market research to new technologies. This is a great opportunity to engage your alumni to mentor, host and financially support a student from your institution who wants to participate.
Join and celebrate WED by filling out the application or suggesting a potential Student Ambassador.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the greatest movement in history to Empower, Celebrate and Support Women in Business to alleviate poverty worldwide! We ask all candidates to complete the following questionnaire (see below) to be considered.