Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and #ChooseWOMEN were founded to empower women and inspire girls in business globally. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is a movement that carries throughout the year in support of female entrepreneurs globally. Our mission is to alleviate poverty by empowering, celebrating, and supporting women in business worldwide, as well as to gather a think tank of inspiring women leaders who can amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19th. Our student ambassador global initiative is in full swing; engaged top colleges include New York University, Harvard, Babson, USC and Clarkson. Our global team of ambassadors from China to Saudi Arabia stand primed to activate their communities with the WED movement and #ChooseWomen to make a significant impact this year!
WED received massive global media attention before, during, and after the inaugural launch on November 19th, 2014 around the world. Please view these media links that covered our initiative, Forbes and Marie Claire. Watch this video celebrating the WED events around the world – ClickHere!
By supporting Women’s Entrepreneurship Day, you will join us with bringing awareness to the 250 million girls living in poverty globally that deserve to be elevated and given a chance in life, while simultaneously inspiring and empowering women around the world.
We are in search of great women who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! We are thrilled to invite you to be a WED Student Ambassador (or if you’d like to recommend a friend) to represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and the WED movement to be celebrated on Friday, November 18th, 2016 on your campus!
“ONE DAY TO CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS WORLDWIDE.”
We have a student ambassador global initiative in full swing with top colleges engaged including Stanford, Duke, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Clarkson, Babson and University of Oxford, and a global team of Ambassadors from Rwanda to Myanmar primed to activate their communities with the WED movement.
WED Student Ambassadors will help raise the awareness of Women’s Entrepreneurship Day and #ChooseWomen across college campuses as aspiring future student business leaders and also gain access to a premier network of WED members and innovative thinkers. They will simultaneously be positioned to obtain practical advice and planning support from the WED network while increasing their own recognition as leaders for women’s entrepreneurship worldwide.
The WED Student Ambassador program is designed to bring student leaders to the forefront of women’s entrepreneurship on a global scale. We are looking for the best and the brightest people on campus to apply! We want motivated individuals that seek a mutually beneficial and successful partnership, and will excitedly broadcast the WED program into the public and academic arena!
The following are ways we hope our WED Student Ambassador will make a difference on their campus and in their community:
- Set up an event viewing on campus of the United Nation’s WED livestream November 18, 2016
- Promote and publicize the WED event through local media outlets and social media materials, with press and social media components
- Sign Up! “ChooseWomen Pledge of Talent, Time, or Treasure” by obtaining pledges from their college campus and fellow students
- Offer volunteer time in support of the WED event before and during the day of the event launch
- Set up a college chapter for WED on campus, where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WED event
- Inspire and rally the active support of their college campus among both women and men and across business clubs and societies
- Foster relationships with local women and entrepreneurship groups to support the WED event in their community
- Take a leadership role in our #ChooseWomen, digital campaign of WED in support of women-owned or women-led businesses on November 30th, 2016. This is celebrated annually on the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving.
- Unleash the global reach and power of their social media networks and contacts to support WED before, during, and after the event
Please join and celebrate WED by filling out the application or suggesting a potential Student Ambassador. The position is currently a one-year commitment; however, when the year comes to an end we may re-invite WED Student Ambassadors to support us for an additional year.
As we finalize the agenda, attendees, and create a select founding team for the WED Ambassador program of leaders around the world, we would need candidates to commit as soon as possible to support and promote WED on their campus until the event on November 18th, 2016. We ask all ambassador candidates to complete the following questionnaire: