We are in search of universities and colleges who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! We are thrilled to invite your institution to register and represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) to be celebrated on Friday, November 17, 2017 on your campus and join us for our digital campaign #ChooseWOMEN on November 29th!
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and #ChooseWOMEN were founded to empower women and inspire girls in business globally. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is a movement that ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We would be honored to have you join us in our grassroots mission in alleviating poverty by empowering, celebrating and supporting women in business worldwide!
With a variety of days dedicated to various causes, one might ask – Why does the world need ChooseWOMEN/Women’s Entrepreneurship Day? Consider then, that women perform 66% of the world’s work, yet earn 10% of the world’s income. At the same time, they account for 85% of consumer purchases and control $20 trillion in worldwide spending. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is generating a movement that carries throughout the year in support of women in business globally.WED ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We are celebrated in 144 countries and 110 universities and colleges internationally. Our mission is to empower the 4 billion women across the globe to be catalysts of change, and uplift the 250 million girls living in poverty globally. We are committed to creating a movement to amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
We are proud to share that New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19.
Please view the global media attention our initiative received including, MERCEDES: The Power of Female Entrepreneurship, FORBES: Best Way to Save the World: Put Women In Charge, FOX NEWS: Beyond the Dream: Women Helping Women. Here’s the video showing the WED events around the world!
“WOMEN’S ENTREPRENEURSHIP DAY IS EVERYDAY! CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN IN BUSINESS WORLDWIDE!” – Wendy Diamond, Founder
Registering your college or university to be a part of the WED movement is designed to bring institutions and educators to the forefront of women’s entrepreneurship on a global scale. We are looking for institutions that seek a mutually beneficial and successful partnership that is equally excited to broadcast the WED program into the academic arena!
The following are ways our registered colleges or universities will make a difference on their campus and in their community:
- Promote WED events on campus, advertising when WED events occur and create an event specifically for the livestream viewing of the United Nation’s WED event on November 17, 2017.
- Set up a college chapter for WED on campus! Where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WED event. Offer volunteer time in support of WED events.
- Provide active support among both women and men and across business clubs and societies to take part in WED.
- Highlight our #ChooseWomen, digital campaign of WED in support of women-owned or women-led businesses on November 29th, 2017 the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving annually across campus.
- Chance to sponsor a student to join the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Conference at the United Nations in New York City. This event features speakers, panels and workshops on everything from micro financing to the latest market research to new technologies. This is a great opportunity to engage your alumni to mentor, host and financially support a student from your institution who wants to participate.
Please join and celebrate WED by registering your college or university!
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the greatest movement in history to Empower, Celebrate and Support Women in Business to alleviate poverty worldwide! We ask all universities and colleges to complete the following questionnaire (see below) to be considered.