We are in search of universities and colleges who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! We are thrilled to invite your institution to register and represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) to be celebrated on Friday, November 18, 2016 on your campus and join us for our digital campaign #ChooseWOMEN on November 30th!
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and #ChooseWOMEN were founded to empower women and inspire girls in business globally. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is a movement that carries throughout the year in support of female entrepreneurs globally. Our mission is to alleviate poverty by empowering, celebrating, and supporting women in business worldwide, as well as to gather a think tank of inspiring women leaders who can amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19th.
Our student ambassador global initiative is in full swing; engaged top colleges include New York University, Harvard, Babson, USC and Clarkson. Our global team of ambassadors from China to Saudi Arabia stand primed to activate their communities with the WED movement and #ChooseWomen to make a significant impact this year!
WED received massive global media attention before, during, and after the inaugural launch last year on November 19th, 2014 around the world. Please view these media links that covered our initiative: Forbes and Marie Claire.
Watch this video celebrating the WED events around the world – Click Here!
By supporting Women’s Entrepreneurship Day, you will join us by bringing awareness to the 250 million girls living in poverty globally that deserve to be elevated and given a chance in life, while simultaneously inspiring and empowering women around the world.
“ONE DAY TO CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS WORLDWIDE.”
Registering your college or university in the WED event is designed to bring institutions and educators to the forefront of women’s entrepreneurship on a global scale. We are looking for motivated individuals that seek a mutually beneficial and successful partnership, and will excitedly broadcast the WED program into the public and academic arena!
The following are ways we hope our registered colleges or universities will make a difference on their campus and in their community:
- Set up an event viewing on campus of the United Nation’s WED livestream November 18, 2016
- Promote and publicize the WED event through local media outlets and social media materials, with press and social media components
- Sign Up! “ChooseWomen Pledge of Talent, Time, or Treasure” by obtaining pledges from their college campus and fellow students
- Offer volunteer time in support of the WED event before and during the day of the event launch
- Set up a college chapter for WED on campus, where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WED event
- Inspire and rally the active support of their college campus among both women and men and across business clubs and societies
- Foster relationships with local women and entrepreneurship groups to support the WED event in their community
- Take a leadership role in our #ChooseWomen, digital campaign of WED in support of women-owned or women-led businesses on November 30th, 2016 the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving annually
- Unleash the global reach and power of their social media networks and contacts to support WED before, during, and after the event
- Chance to sponsor a student to Join the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Conference at the United Nations in New York City. This event features speakers, panels and workshops on everything from micro financing to the latest market research to new technologies. This is a great opportunity to engage your alumni to mentor, host and financially support a student from your institution who wants to participate.
Please join and celebrate WED by registering your college or university! The position is currently a one-year commitment; however, when the year comes to an end we may re-invite institutions to support us for an additional year.
As we finalize the agenda, attendees, and create a select founding team for the WED Ambassador program of leaders around the world, we would need you to commit as soon as possible to support and promote WED on their campus until the event on November 18th, 2016. We ask all educators registering to complete the following questionnaire: